Cockatiels United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates to the Server

3 posters

Go down

Updates to the Server Empty Updates to the Server

Post  Admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:05 am

1: We are moving the site to a new host, in a little bit anyway, so the forum and main site are the same.

2: I have installed WorldGuard, which blocks Creeper explosions for you sissies.

3: Worldguard also makes the sponge work again, so..um..
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://minetiels.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Updates to the Server Empty Re: Updates to the Server

Post  Dr_Obvious Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 pm

creeper damage reverting = good
damage by other mobs = bad
mobs spawning everywhere = bad

So now we just need someone to code a plugin or two to make godmode for some people and make a protected/selected area mob proof (as in mobs cant spawn or go in that area.)
Dr_Obvious
Dr_Obvious

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Dr_Obvious wrote:creeper damage reverting = good
damage by other mobs = bad
mobs spawning everywhere = bad

So now we just need someone to code a plugin or two to make godmode for some people and make a protected/selected area mob proof (as in mobs cant spawn or go in that area.)

I heard Tiel mention something about mobs not being able to spawn inside Town borders, but I've noticed mobs bouncing around in Camalot and Decaville. I've seen creepers destroying terrain today, so I'm guessing that fix hasn't quite been ironed out just yet either. All these mods that are being put in are really great in theory, but it seems like there's something just not right somewhere that's keeping them from fully going in. Not trying to throw stones, just saying.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Speaking of towns and Towny, I was messing aroung with Mayor commands and discovered the wall command makes the server time out. So, I checked into the TownyMod website and the guy thinks he made it super inefficient somehow and it's a known bug that a wall can crash a server because it's essentially a giant cuboid command.

Might want to take that command out until he gets it fixed.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Update:
I found out that I can use "/modify <player> commands /town,/claim,etc" to allow people to use the Towny commands. Would be nice if that were done automatically, but I'll keep doing it this way until it gets fixed on the other side.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down