Cockatiels United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator Rights

5 posters

Go down

Mod rights?

Moderator Rights I_vote_lcap100%Moderator Rights I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Moderator Rights I_vote_lcap0%Moderator Rights I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Moderator Rights Empty Moderator Rights

Post  Admin Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 am

Well, taking into consideration some of you are admins, would you think it nice to edit the website and whatnot?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://minetiels.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Moderator Rights Empty Re: Moderator Rights

Post  Dr_Obvious Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:56 am

It would be good if only us admins and you would be able to edit the wessite (add forum sections etc)
Dr_Obvious
Dr_Obvious

Back to top Go down

Post  swstiglich3 Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 pm

yeah it be good for chat monitor and forum control aand other stuff so the whole loud would not be on you and we wouldn't have to wait on you to do stuff.
swstiglich3
swstiglich3

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:50 pm

In other news, I'm bumping myself down to admin. The purpose of having 5 admins is that there is a high chance one of you will be on at any given time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://minetiels.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  scratton Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:21 am

im not sure if this should go here, i think mod/ops should have the right to promote noobs to trusted. reason, theres alot of people signing up to forum but then they are asking me to promote then, but only dec and tiel can do that. it will make it easier for dec and tiel and also make the members happy . merry christmas santa

scratton

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Scratton brings up a good sub-topic for this thread. We should review exactly where the limits of an Op should end. For example, I noticed Ops don't have things like /ex and /jumpto in game, and they probably should.

I'm willing to look at and rework the in-game permissions for the individual ranks. All I'd need is for Tiel to let me have a copy of the permissions files so I can get started and then get them back to him for review.

On the idea Scratton posed, I'm not certain Ops should be able to grant access to commands. On the other hand, boosting rank from noob to Trusted would be reasonable except that it uses the same base command ... so I'm gonna have to vote nay on that specific thought.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:04 pm

As far as the vote - I'd like to be able to Mod the forum, but I really think that fewer chefs in the kitchen is better when maintaining a website. I would instead suggest that you pick one person to be an assistant for this purpose so you can ask them to do things in your stead sometimes.

Since the vote is all or nothing, I'm forced to vote against.

Edit:
Stupid thing won't let me vote in either Firefox or IE.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum