Cockatiels United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National benefit package

2 posters

Go down

National benefit package Empty National benefit package

Post  Decarthado Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 am

I've got a bunch of players sold on the idea of forming towns because they all want their stuff protected (easy sell). On the other hand, there's no real mechanical benefit to joining a nation. On the contrary, it's a pitfall to be avoided because members of other towns in the nation can edit your town, and you may not trust all those people.

So, suggestions for making nations actually desirable on a mechanical level would be great. I have a few possible scenarios thought up.

1. Bonus to max claimable chunks for each town in a nation. Joining a big nation (and keeping the king happy so you don't get kicked) would mean you get a big bonus to your tiny town.
2. Towns in a nation can trade max claimable chunks amongst themselves.
3. Towns in a nation can either (a)buy more chunks with gold/diamond/something or (b)the nation as a whole can buy more total chunks to be divided among the towns within the nation as the king sees fit.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

National benefit package Empty Re: National benefit package

Post  nachosyumm Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I honestly do not know the limitations of towny, but it would be nice to be able to set restrictions in the nations and towns

ie i wouldn't mind other nation's leaders to play around with and edit some of my stuff, but i don't necessarily trust the people that they trust to mess with my stuff. I'm going to read up on towny and maybe I will come back with some suggestions.

nachosyumm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum