Cockatiels United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tools vs Grief

3 posters

Go down

Tools vs Grief Empty Tools vs Grief

Post  Decarthado Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:33 am

Before logging off tonight, I decided to visit the towns and see how things were coming along. I found that the whole place has been burned & griefed halfway to the ground. Both the fishing village and Monkey's first town were victims. This happened to the newbie area not long ago as well.

Aren't there tools to detect who caused blocks to be in their current state? We have that sort of thing in Minecraft Classic and lots of jerks are rightly banned because we can figure out who did what. I realize Notch is patching the ever loving crap out of it at the moment, but this is just going to be a perpetual problem unless we get better tools to deal with it.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Tools vs Grief Empty Re: Tools vs Grief

Post  Dr_Obvious Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:05 am

Of couse there is some type of tool to detect this stuff, cause iv seen it on other server. But im not sure we have it here. Ask Tiel and I think he can do a roll back for you.
Dr_Obvious
Dr_Obvious

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 am

So, I'm really liking the Towny mod so far. It's got some kind of a bug where the normal users can't access it even after registering for the forum, but I like the potential in there.

Just so I can know, do the users have to register in the forum with their Minecraft login name? Also, do I have to manually raise their rank to Trusted somehow? Does the server have to reset for some of this to click through?
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Decarthado Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:29 am

Talking with Tiel earlier and he told me users have to be manually raised to Trusted status for Towny to work. I got the command to work to raise PMTB_Noodles and PMTB_Pwns to Trusted, but they couldn't get the Towny stuff to work even after relogging.
Decarthado
Decarthado

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:30 pm

It's very, very unlikely that I can set it up to work that way. The website and server are hosted in separate machines..
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://minetiels.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum